SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nadianadia_gw

climbing icebergs and a 1.6m

nadianadia
18 years ago

Does anyone grow climbing icebergs - what have you trained them on? How much training do they need? I'm hoping someone will say they are fairly forgiving in spite of a lack of knowledge. I didn't know iceberg supremes were climbers and know I'm stuck with working it out. They look rather untidy left to their own devices. I'm thinking rows of wire hooked up to the fence perhaps? But I've no idea what to do. Help!

My other problem is that I've discovered Joy of Life grows to 1.6m ...if you have a largish rose like this can you just prune it down without making it too unhappy (at any time of the year)?

Happily, in spite of my rose mishaps Cathedral City has bloomed and they are lovely flowers with a rosy smell. While I love the armloads of icebergs there's something very special about those deep and frilly flowers. My DA went dormant on planting to the point of looking dead and leafless but has started to leaf out. I can't wait to see the William Shakespeare bloom. Now who would have thought I'd like fussy looking flowers?

Comments (3)

Sponsored