Return to the Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Big yellow furry bugs? HELP

Posted by daisy81 QLD AUST (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 15, 05 at 17:32

My cucumbers have finished, and when I went to pull them out I noticed there was big furry yellow bugs eating the leaves. They left the leaves looking like they were lace work.
Are these bad, so I can go on a squashing patrol or are they the larve of a friendly 'pest'? I have noticed a few 28 spotted ladybirds (they got squashed) and we had heaps of the good yellow powdery mildew eating variety too.
Any advice is welcome

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Big yellow furry bugs? HELP

Daisy I think you may find the furry yellow bugs are the larvae of those leaf-eating lady-birds. They come from "no-where" here and decimate the brugmansias but their other preferred foods are all curcurbits including pumpkins zucchini and rockmelons. The bot name is Henosepilachna.
I guess everything has its place but, er, squish.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here