SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cranethie2

Iris Japonica

cranethie2
18 years ago

A few years ago my dear neighbour (same one who gave me the other Iris ) gave me some plants with fan shaped leaves but with what looked like a regular root system that grew new ones to the side. I am not describing it very well but hope you get the picture. At the time she could not remember what they were but her words were..... 'they grow quite happily in the shade. They get scruffy looking during the year but have very pretty little frilly white flowers coming out all along a stiff stem that come up from the leaves'

Now.... the other day (about 3 years after gifting them to me ) she comes over and says she found a plant label and remembers the name. Iris Japonica and there was something about Fairy as well.

My question is .......how much sun will they take.......they are filling their alloted spot and I either have to replant some in another area or ditch some. Thinking about it thats most likely what my clever old lady down the road did:)

As I said they seem to grow with no help from me but it would be nice to know if I could give them a bit more of what they fancy.

Cathy

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21