Return to the Australian Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lilly Pilly ID

Posted by Darcius QLD (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 3:42

Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a house with a really nice garden which I'm working on trying to improve myself now :) I'm now trying to ID some trees along the back side fence, as I'd like to plant some more of them. At the moment, there's 5 of these trees planted about 1 meter apart, they are about 2-3 meters tall and not to dense at the base . I suspect they maybe "Hinterland Gold Lilly Pilly", but I'm far from sure and certainly not an expert.

This is the only photo I have for now, but I'll try to get a better one soon. Any help is greatly appreciated :) Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lilly Pilly ID

I've got a number of 'Lilly Pilly's' in (Syzygium, Acmena) but I can confirm any look exactly like this one. Might be an idea to wait and see if they flower.

B.

o

I agree with Funnel web - this doesn't look like a Lilly Pilly. I think you will find that it's Viburnum odoratissimum.

Ted

o

Yeah Ted, I've got one of them in and it does look just like the picture. Good to hear from you, you should drop by more often.

B.

o

Hiya Bill -- will do!.

Ted

o

Thanks for the posts guys! I was just going off Lilly Pilly originally as that's what my neighbour thought it was. I'll definitely do some research on Viburnum odoratissimum now. Thanks again :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Australian Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here