Return to the Australian Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snotty Gobble or Persoonia

Posted by vonlang Western Aust (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 28, 05 at 20:34

I am try to revegetate my property with this tree and believe the seeds must pass through a bird before germination will occur. Does any body have any advise or tips as i am new to this area?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snotty Gobble or Persoonia

• Posted by Popi NSW Aust (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 18, 05 at 4:16

Hi Vonlang

I am revegetating my property as well. I have had no luck with Persoonia, a pity as it is a lovely plant. Maybe you could try something else that is easier to germinate, or maybe you already have. Give cuttings a go.

Popi

o
RE: Snotty Gobble or Persoonia

The seeds do need to go though the gut of a bird - as with mistletoe. How does one get a bird to "go" where you want it to!! We have them fairly thick in the bush around here but they do succumb to die-back and are an indicator plant, I believe, of the problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Australian Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here