Return to the Gardening in Oz Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dwarf orange tree losing its leaves

Posted by ace2 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 0:19

My poor transplanted orange tree is losing it's leaves.
I got this 7 year old tree back in the 10 July after saving it.
I was feeding it seaweed solution every 1-2 weeks.
I did noticed some leaves had yellowish veins, so i gave it some iron chelates and traces elements and a spray of Yates Success Naturalyte Insect Control with the rest of the fruit trees
This week it's started to lose it's leaves..

Will it survive????

What else can i do???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dwarf orange tree losing its leaves

• Posted by arthurm Sydney, NSW AUST (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 3:18

Ace, where are you?

o

Doesn't sound promising, in fact you might have over done it - it is winter time and they (citrus), like most plants, are dormant. To my mind, two things you could do before the sap begins to rise: leave it and do nothing further other than letting it almost completely dry out, or remove it, prune it by a third and replant it in another spot. If you do this do no more than just water it in until new growth appears in spring. What you've done in good faith, I suspect, might be killing it with kindness.

o

I'm in Adelaide.
I thought I would try help it with the transplant shock.
As its in a wine barrel, moving it is not a option.
Before I got it, it had split its pot and the roots were exposed, I only paid $10.

I hope it survives. I think I'll do the first option, nothing and cross my fingers!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Oz Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here