Return to the Gardening in Oz Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need urgent help with my newly planted shrubs

Posted by kans none (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 16, 14 at 21:53

Hello

I have a very little knowledge on gardening. I hired a gardener and let him plant few shrubs for me.But after very next day I saw roots of the plant showing outside. I AM Very concerned that the plant may die.. I called him and he said to push some soil towards the root but that's the case with all the plants especially box hedges and golden diosmas😞 pls suggest if I should leave it like that..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need urgent help with my newly planted shrubs

Good Lord, sounds to me like you've been ripped off! I'm afraid what you'll need to do is to finish the gardener's job: go out to each plant and dig a hole to the depth of the root ball and as wide, and plant each one properly, that is, ensure the soil covers the roots to about the level it was in the pot and water in well, preferably with a measured dose of sea-weed extract in the watering can.

b.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Oz Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here