SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ange_b

Sick lemon tree

ange_b
12 years ago

Hi,

We planted a lemon tree (not sure of the variety) about 2 years ago.

It started fruiting for the first time this year. Unfortunately the vast majority of leaves have now fallen off after turning yellow and rather than new leaf growth, thorns are growing where the leaves once were. I can count the new leaf growth on one hand it's dismal.

The leaves that fell off were yellowed around the outside with greenish veins. We have been feeding it iron chelate and upping the water it receives as well as a citrus fertiliser for about month or so now, however this has had no obvious effect on the health of the plant. In fact, it seems to be getting substantially worse!

I have now removed the fruit that was growing adn trimmed back some of the branches in the hopes the nutrients will go back into the tree but I'm a bit concerned it's too little too late and we may have lost the tree altogether.

Can someone tell me if it's likely a tree in this condition will come good again? Or should we take it out and start again?

Apart from treating for iron deficiency, is there anything else we could do that would salvage our tree?

Comment (1)

Sponsored