SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
human_female

Wrinkly tomatoes?

Human_Female
10 years ago

Hi folks, I am new to the forum and relatively new to gardening too, so I'm hoping some more experienced people can share the benefit of their wisdom!

I have some tomatoes planted in pots at the moment (I know pots probably aren't the best way to grow tomatoes, but they're deep pots and I feed them regularly, and they seem to be doing quite well). They are taking a long time to ripen, presumably due to Melbourne's pretty half hearted attempt at a summer this year.

I have noticed one weird thing though - the fruit of one pot out of the three does this strange thing where the skin gets wrinkly like they're going to shrivel up, but then later on I'll look and they'll have plumped out again and look fine. It's only one plant doing this, there are another two pots in the same location (one of which is the same variety) that don't have this issue.

Anybody know what this is all about or seen it before? Is the fruit still okay and can I expect it to eventually ripen? Thanks in advance for any input!

Comment

Sponsored