Return to the Cornucopia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dying tomato plants

Posted by jampolk MarrickvilleNSW (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 10, 08 at 18:25

Anybody got ideas about why my tomato plants have died from the ground up?
Plant6 seems healthy then when the fruit starts to set the lower braches turn to brown crisp gradually moving up the plant till the whole thing is crispy brown leaves with fruit trying to grow.
The cherry toms seem to be a smidgeon more healthy, but still have most lower stems dried up and brown.
I did get quite alot of fruit so I can't comlain about that. But my neighbour reckons you can cut them back after fruiting and get another crop.
This is impossible as most plants semm to be DEAD.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dying tomato plants

Mine look the same way, but I still keep getting fruit so I can't complain :-)

Don't forget tomatoes needs lots of fertiliser.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cornucopia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here